Image Map

February 25, 2013

Great Writing Process Tip!



It's your lucky day, because you get to benefit from my obsession love for all things Pinterest! During the Pinterest Inspired Classroom series, I will be sharing some of my favorite pins with you in the hope that it will make your classroom just a bit more Pintastic. (Get it? PIN-tastic? PIN-terest? Just a little pin-humor, for ya there. Heehee.)


And now for today's featured pin:

 Julie from Second Grade Style shares this great tip for keeping up with where your students are in the writing process:



I would write their names on each clip so you could tell at a glance which stage each student was currently on. 
When I taught writing for 5th grade & 3rd grade, I created a chart that proved INVALUABLE to me to help with this process. It prompted the kids to check for things like interesting adjectives, grammatical errors, and varied sentence structure.

At certain points in the process, they had to come to me to have their form signed before they could go onto the next step. So in a sense, they scheduled their own teacher-student writing conferences. It worked like a charm! I have this product in my store if you'd like to check it out.


Love this idea? I have a ton more on my Pinterest board. I'd love it if you'd follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...