Image Map

March 14, 2013

101 Journal Prompts


Journaling is such a great way to have your students practice writing, while getting a peek into their personality at the same time. While journaling might be fun, coming up with prompts every day can get a little old. To help you out with this, I've created a resource that makes the entire process simple:


More about this resource:


101 Creative Journal Prompts organized by different types of writing. Easily choose a prompt that fits your writing lesson. 
Writing types include: 
- Persuasive
- Descriptive
- Expository
- Narrative
- Fiction
- Nonfiction
- Letter Writing
- Poetry

Put the prompts in the back of student journals for handy reference OR use them for a daily journal prompt. 

You can also use these prompts as a station in your writing center!

Also included: a teacher check-off sheet to help you keep track of the prompts you have used. 
All prompts were created to be appropriate for elementary AND secondary

All prompts can be easily adapted to fit your writing unit or age group.
You can check out my Journal Prompts Packet here:


Some Comments from TeachersPayTeachers Customers:

Krasmussen: Exactly what I thought it would be! Thanks so much! Very Helpful!

lgeusen: Thanks so much! I use this as part of my daily writing journal ideas!

krysta28: Very useful, great for the beginning of class, thank you!

tiffaniroberton: Love the organization of this.

Veronica Hennessey: Good discussion starters

To see more great classroom resources, you can visit my Teachers Pay Teachers store or my Teacher's Notebook store

Here are some other Writing Resources you might be interested in:

Writing Unit (37 Pages!):

Parts of Speech Activities:

Noun Activities:

Adjective & Adverb Activities:

Writing Project Checklist:

Want to know when I'm running a sale or posting a new product? I'd be super excited if you'd follow my store or subscribe to my feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...