Image Map

May 20, 2013

Favorite Things: The Essential 55 (Book by Ron Clark)


Every once in a while, I highlight some of my favorite things to use in the classroom

Today, I wanted to share a little about the book that inspired me to start the R.A.K Club (Random Acts of Kindness Club) in my classroom. Read more about our R.A.K Club here.

by Ron Clark
(Photo Source)

Quick Summary:

Ron Clark was a teacher who established 55 'essential' rules in his classroom that his students needed to follow. Some are trivial, but most teach character and positive social interactions. In his book, he takes you through each rule, telling entertaining stories along the way. 

Why I love this book:

This book appeals to the wanna-be SuperTeacher in me! Ron won Teacher of the Year award and for good reason- he has a great heart for his kids and a love for challenging them to dream big and achieve great goals.

This was a quick-read for me (simple and entertaining), but it still held a lot of ideas that I used as 'take-aways' for my own classroom. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...