Image Map

June 20, 2013

Preschool Summer Skills


With summer in full-swing, you may be looking for a fun way to keep your preschooler's skill fresh. I've created a packet that might just do the trick! It's my Summer Preschool Pack (Beach Edition):




About this pack:
48 pages of Summer Beach activities for your Preschool or Kindergarten class!
Colorful, hands-on activities and worksheets teach math, writing, and critical thinking.

Activities range from a beginners level to a more advanced level and are appropriate for ages 3-6.

Ways to use this packet: 
- Individual student packets
- Project on Smartboard or overhead for a whole class activity
- Create centers with each activity
- Small group setting or remediation
- Send home with parents (who request additional practice or whose child needs extra help)
- Create "busy bags" for students who finish early
- During whole group or circle time
- Follow-up activities for a picture book with a similar theme

Language Art Skills Covered:
- word writing practice (some pages provide the letters to trace, some just provide lines to write on)
- letter writing practice (trace letters)
- letter sounds
- word flashcards
- letter hunting (finding and circling the letter in a story)
- prewriting (tracing lines)
- Beginning sounds
- building words using letters
- lower case letter
- capital letters
**While most activities use many different letters, a few specifically focus on the letters U & B).

Math / Science Skills Covered:
- patterns
- bar graphs
- sequencing
- number order (some activities are 1-10, some are 1-20)
- shape/shadow matching
- color matching (includes color word cards)
- picture sorting (two categories: "Found in the Sky" and "Found on the Ground")
- Counting
- Size sorts (small, medium, large)
- matching written numbers and numeric number (ex: one and 1)

Motor Skills Covered:
- using scissors / cutting
- Lacing card (use with yarn to practice lacing)

This packet includes a detailed teacher instruction page to help you implement each worksheet and activity, as well as a cover page if used as individual student packets.

To read a detailed list of activities included in this packet, you can visit my Teachers Pay Teachers store or my Teacher's Notebook store.

Some Comments from a TeachersPayTeachers Customers:

Lauren Burton: This was the perfect packet. I spent hours looking for summer work for Pre-K students and this hit the nail on the head. It was perfect for Pre-K and even Kindergarten. I used every bit of it and plan on using the teacher notes at the end in the fall to reinforce the summer work. This packet saved a lot of time and energy. I am so thankful to have found this treasure.

Jennifer Roberst: I really love this packet! The amount of ideas, pages and creativity that was put into this packet was a great purchase for my classroom! I would encourage other teachers in PK or K to purchase this packet! You won't regret it! I also really appreciate the "teachers notes" at the end on how to incorporate these materials into your classroom! Great resource! :)

jennifergio: It was great for my summer theme unit!

snowak24: I gave parts of this packet to my students and found it to be very helpful in reviewing the year's work.

Here are some other Preschool Packs you might be interested in:








Want to know when I'm running a sale or posting a new product? I'd be super excited if you'd follow my store or subscribe to my feed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...