Image Map

September 26, 2013

Super Teacher Tip #5: Make 3x5 Calling Cards



Create a 'class names' deck of cards. You all remember my obsession with 3x5 cards? No? Well, read this post and let me refresh your memory.

One of my very favorite ways to use 3x5 cards was to make a class deck of cards. I'd write one name on each card and when it came time to call on kids to answer, I'd just shuffle and select a card.

When I wanted to create groups or partners, I'd deal the cards out in group and call out the names in each one.

When I wanted to choose one student to do a special task for me, I'd use the cards.

When a special guest visited for the day, I'd choose who got to sit next to him or her at lunch with...you guessed it...the cards.

You get the picture right? My obsession doesn't seem so crazy now, right?

Check out these other great ideas for using 3x5 cards in your classroom.

How do you use 3x5 cards in your room?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What's a"Super Teacher?" Any teacher that's trying his or her very best to create effective teaching moments and provide a positive classroom environment.  We Super Teachers aren't perfect teachers by a long-shot, but we are always striving to become better teachers. Read more Super Teacher Tips here!

Want to share some of your own Super Teacher Tips? Join my collaborative Pinterest board: BEST Teacher Tips & Tools. Just follow the board, then leave your Pinterest URL in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...