January 10, 2014

Martin Luther King, Jr. Packet

I can't believe it's already the new year! I don't know about you, but the minute my Christmas Break ended, I was focused on that next lovely day off: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day! 

Here's a packet that might come in handy for you as we celebrate the many accomplishments of this amazing man. It's one of my Famous American Packets and it gives you a variety of hands-on activities and worksheets to use as you study this historical figure.




Packet Description:
19 pages of activities and worksheets to supplement your lessons on Martin Luther King, Jr.
Fun activities that will creatively engage every student in your class!

This packet includes:- Cover sheet to use if you choose to create a packet out of these activities
- Fact Detective sheet (used to gather facts about the famous person- reinforces research skills)
- Touch and feel peek-a-boo pages activity
- ABC fact hunt activity
- Create Your Own Fan Club project
- Writing: Create your own interview
- Writing: Speech writing page
- Word-O-Matic fun page
- Writing: adjective activity that incorporates your famous person
- Handwriting Practice that incorporates facts about your famous person
- History Costume Day project (instructions on how to implement, student information sheets,      

  grading scale)
- 18 additional activity ideas for teaching famous Americans (games, crafts, hands-on activities)


***This packet is VERY similar to my other famous American packets. If you have already purchased one, I would recommend just changing the name of the person you are studying instead of purchasing an additional packet.

When you download this product, you will get both the PDF and Word version. Therefore, all pages can be edited to fit your state's standards. 

You can also visit my store to see my Explorers Unit, Native Americans Unit, 13 Colonies Unit, and Revolutionary War Unit.
To find out more about this product, you can visit my Teachers Pay Teachers store or my Teacher's Notebook store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...