Image Map

November 15, 2014

Larger Class Desk Arrangement

A lot of you liked the desk arrangement idea I shared a while ago. (And I don't blame you- it was by far my favorite way to lay out my classroom). I've had a few questions recently about how to use this desk arrangement for classes larger than 20, so I thought I'd do a quick post about it.

There was one year that I had 30 kids for part of the year before the school (finally!) hired another teacher for our grade. To accommodate the extra kids, I modified my plan a little bit. Here's what I came up with:



If you are counting, you've already realized that this only shows 28 desks. To get 30 desks in there, I just added a desk to the front of each of the front two groups. Not the most ideal arrangement, but it worked for the few months that I had that many.

The best part of this arrangement was how many different ways you can quickly change the set up. Here's how I quickly changed the groups into a circle/square for presentations or large group activities. It also opened up a huge area in the middle of the room if we needed it to play a game.



I hope this arrangement helps all of you folks with the extra large classes!

Need help keeping the desks in place throughout the day? Check out this post on using my floor tape trick. (You know I seriously love that tape, right?!)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...