Image Map

June 6, 2013

Teacher Humor: Room Mom Edition


Teacher Humor
- the best kind.

QUICK UPDATE: Before we get to the post, I'd like to ask you to do a quick favor for me. I recently decided to take the plunge and put this blog on Facebook and Twitter...which is completely nerve racking for a social media novice like myself (my Facebook-addicted husband was so proud though, you guys!). If you could take just a moment and like my page or follow my twitter account, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks!

  

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Every once in a while I stumble across a funny little joke or story that only teachers would get. I like to think that's because it takes higher-level thinking skills to understand 'teacher humor,' ....but I'm betting it's just more of a 'we're-in-the-trenches-everyday-so-we-totally-get-that' kind of thing :) 

Anyway, here's a funny little blog post I found by Jen Hatmaker. She wrote about the end of the school year from a room mom's perspective and I just laughed the entire time I read it!

Some of my favorite quotes:

"I’m so tiiiiiiiiired and I have five kids and that is just too many to educate well. I can only handle around two, so I’m going with Sydney and Caleb because they both like to read and the other three are just going to have to enroll in Life Skills Class one day and develop a trade."

"'Mom, I should've picked a black character. Like Abraham Lincoln.' ....Bless it."

"So, Mom out there sending Lunchables with your kid, making her wear shoes with holes because we’re.almost.there, practicing “auditory reading” with your 1st grader, I got your back, sister. We were awesome back in October; don’t you forget that. We used to care, and that counts for something."

Need a little pick me up this week? Check out the rest of Jen's post. It'll be sure to have you smilin' your way into summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...