One of the best parts about our job is that 'fresh start' feeling that always comes with the beginning of a new school year. Regardless of how we ended the previous year, this is our opportunity to set a positive tone in our rooms. During the series, I will be sharing a few fun ideas to make the first day of school a success! Be sure to subscribe to my feed so you don't miss any of them!
It's time to let your students learn a little bit about their new teacher...and play a fun game at the same time!
Here's how to play The Teacher Test
- Start by marking off a line down the middle of your room with a rope or floor tape. (Here's some more ideas on how to use floor tape. Trust me, this stuff is a-MAH-zing!). On one side of the line, place a paper that says TRUE and on the other side, a paper that says FALSE.
- Have your students all stand on the line, then yell out a fact about yourself. (Ex: I've been to Germany)
- Students must decide if they think that fact is TRUE or FALSE and move to that side of the room.
- Explain if that is a real fact or not, then give each student on the correct side of the room some small token (could be a paper clip, a BINGO chip, a small square of paper, etc.)
- Continue asking questions until you've reached the end of your game. Just go as long as your schedule allows.
- The student with the most tokens (correct answers) wins some sort of reward. You could do something as simple as a skittle or you may want to check out this list of free and easy reward ideas.
The Teacher Test Game
Paper Bag Show-and-Tell (& Writing Project)
Before & After Pictures
Make Birthday Posters
What's your favorite first day of school activity?