Staff meetings? Uh-uh.
No raise (again!) Don't even get me started.
...There are a lot of things about teaching that are just. not. fun. BUT one part that is truly enjoyable? Decorating our rooms! I mean, how many of us have gotten sucked into the Pinterest vortex after seeing one picture of someone else's uber cute room?
Can I get an Amen?!
To help you get a little inspiration for sprucing up your room on a eensy-weensy teacher's budget, I've rounded up a few of the fun classroom makeover ideas we've featured here on YTA.
Take a peek...
1. Make a reading corner using old pallets or scrap wood:
2. Create a colorful and organized library or resource area:
3. Create an accent wall with paint (or contact paper):
4. Create a bulletin board display area from a blank wall (with just poster board and duct tape):
5. Give each table a simple centerpiece to create welcoming groups:
6. Use simple, bright colors to create a cheerful environment:
7. Make a cute organizer with scrapbook paper and labels:
8. Add fabric and ribbon to a reading table: